While on parental leave in early 2021, I took the time to write about the lessons I’d learned as an engineering manager over the previous few years. This page collects all of the posts from that series.
More Parental Leave Engineering Management Posts
- What EMs Do – A rundown of what it is that engineering managers do all day and how they provide value.
- Choosing What To Work On – Thoughts on time management and how you figure out dividing up your time as an engineering manager
- Handling Accountability – Some ideas on adjusting to being accountable for the output of a team if you’re used to being more in control of your work
- How to Delegate – Principles and practices for delegating work well
- How to Give Feedback – The why, when and how of good feedback